If you want to add more living space to your home, a garage conversion could be the solution. Garages can be converted into anything including a kitchen, a living room or a bedroom. Any homeowner should understand the cost and benefits of the garage conversion project before deciding to take on such a project. Based on the available budget, they can decide on the extent of the conversion.
Here Are Some Reasons Why a Garage Conversion Project Can Benefit You:
- Utilizing unused garage space: Converting half of a two-car garage can give you a good-sized bedroom while keeping some garage space for your car.
- Extra living space: As your family grows, so you can your home by turning that unused garage into a bedroom for your children.
- A new guest bedroom: If you have guests often, it is better to give them full comfort and privacy of their own bedroom.
- You can rent the room: An empty garage space doesn’t give you any benefit. If there’s a demand for room in the area, it’s a good idea to consider converting the garage.
- It’s cheaper: Converting a garage is cheaper than building a new extension of your house from scratch. The cost of converting a garage wouldn’t be higher than £5,000. However, a new extension may cost £20,000 or more.